From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 10:29:13

At 05:11 2005-05-26, Stefan Strasser wrote:
>I don't know anything about boost installation on windows, since I'm using a
>prebuilt debian package, and that's my point:
>
>from the discussion it seems the building process is not as easy as it could
>be. so, isn't it a better choice to provide binary packages for the most
>popular compilers instead of writing an installer?

a dir (ls -l for you *nix folks) of *71*33* in my boost built libraries shows
126 File(s) 652,626,996 bytes
I suspect most people would balk at downloading something like that
(especially since much of boost can be used withOUT building anything)

>--
>Stefan Strasser

Victor A. Wagner Jr. http://rudbek.com
               "There oughta be a law"