From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 21:56:10

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>>"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote

>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>>That's a C++ library. I see a correlation here ;-)
>>>
>>>How about editing your user-config.jam file? You can copy it from
>>>tools/build/v2/user-config.jam into your $HOME directory.
>>
>>I guess I am missing the whole picture here... What are the pieces I need?
>>
>>1) bjam -- I got it with Rene's install, and it's in my path. I assume
>>nothing else need to be done about it...
>

> I don't know enough about Rene's thing to tell you for sure, but if
> Rene installed a pre-built binary and hasn't recently updated his
> installer program and you are using Boost's CVS you probably need a
> more up-to-date version of bjam than the one he supplied you with,
> because the CVS version of Boost.Build is using some features that
> were recently added to bjam.

It's a build from yesterday's CVS state :-) I haven't updated it to
contain the changes to bjam I've done today.

I tried running "bjam --v2" in the docs directory and I don't get the
above error. This is because I do set up all the tools possible, msvc,
cw, python, xsltproc, boostbook, doxygen, and quickbook, with the
attached user-config.jam.

My guess is that since Arkadiy did not have a user-config.jam, and hence
did not set up the boostbook tools, it defaulted to trying to build
them. But since a C++ compiler was not available it fails even that.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

ECHO @@@ HOME/user-config.jam ;
import msvc-config ;