From: Hendrik Schober (SpamTrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-27 05:46:18

Robert Mathews <rmathews_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]
> On my machine, the compiled libraries + source (no object files) takes 700MB
> for all the models for VC71. But, that's uncompressed. Compressed is a
> different story.
>
> When I compress my directory, I get a 90% reduction in size - more like
> 70MB. But that's still too large. However, a single compile model - ie,
> single threaded (debug+release) - takes only 4.6MB, which is easily
> downloadable.

  We use boost libs to write software for a
  living. We all sit on machines that are
  permanently connected to the internet. If
  it saves three hours of a developer's work
  the boss certainly rather has us download
  700MB. Actually, knowing my boss, I think
  he'd rather has us download 7/GB/ and work
  on something else instead for those three
  hours. <g>
  I find it a PITA to download 4.6MB over
  ISDN from home. But at work, I'd download
  everything "just in case" and look at it
  later.

> [...]

  Schobi

--