From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-27 08:53:24

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of Hartmut Kaiser
> Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 9:58 AM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: RE: [boost] Re: Wave Bjam building problems\Joel de Guzman-
> didyoueverfind a solution?
>

> David Abrahams wrote:
>
> > > I am now trying to build the quick start with the VC71 IDE
> > >
> > > My current problem is this link error:
> > > Linking...
> > > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> > > 'libboost_wave-vc7-mt-gd-1_32.lib'
> > >
> > > Build log was saved at

"file://c:\data\Irx\Irx\Arx\Main\Source\Common\Boost\V_1_32\libs\wave\
> > > sa
> > > mples\quick_start\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
> > > WaveQuickStart - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> > >

> > > The LIB I have available is 'libboost_wave-vc71-mt-gd-1_32.lib not
> > > 'libboost_wave-vc7-mt-gd-1_32.lib'. I am not sure WHY the
> > autolinking
> > > is trying to hit the vc70 version of the lib since I am
> > using VC71's IDE.
> > >
> > > (ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?)
> >
> > I don't know; this looks like a possible misuse of the
> > autolink system by Wave, or... maybe you need to
> > force-rebuild your entire vc71 project? If you have any
> > object files lying around that were build with vc70 you'll
> > have the incorrect autolink references in them.
>
> Wave uses the autolink feature as described in the docs. No misuse
here,
> at
> least I'm not aware of such.
>
> Regards Hartmut
[Brian Braatz Writes:]

I am using VC71 IDE, it is trying to link against the VC70 lib (yes?
Look at the name)

A bjam build of quickstart did not work for me.

I deleted VC70 from my box, removed it from everything, and deleted all
the Objs generated everywhere and I got things to compile. But I am not
linking yet.

I am flying today but will be working on this more over the weekend.

I plan on re-building a fresh machine, installing the compiler and boost
and going at it fresh (unless someone comes up with a better idea :) )

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Sincerely,
"The Village Idiot"

"Beware the fury of a patient man" - John Dryden