From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-27 09:01:40

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of David Abrahams
> Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:45 PM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: [boost] Re: [gauging interest] Windows GUI - semi-installer
>
> "Pablo Aguilar" <pablo.aguilar_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Yesterday, when I decided to start this, I went and downloaded John
> Torjo's
> > Win32GUI library (www.torjo.com), and noticed that the build utility
> > packaged with it, is very similar to what I originally had in mind.
> >
> > Like I said, I didn't conceive it as an installer, but rather as a
tool
> > build and setup directories, all this while assuming the user would
be
> > willing to download and extract boost on his own.
>
> Sounds helpful.
[Brian Braatz Writes:]
I restate my suggestion ifrom the past for John to take his Win32GUI
library , boostify it, and turn it into a "min-gui" library.

THE POINT is to scope it SMALL, I.e. this is a minimal gui library, not
QT or WxWindows. Just a small thing that is cross platform but provides
simple GUI functionality for boost tools.

(similar in scope and concept the tinyxml lib buried in boost)