From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-27 11:53:23

David Abrahams wrote:
>"Reece Dunn" <msclrhd_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > David Abrahams wrote:
>jam
> >> BCB5, BCB6,
> >> for all
> >>
> >>It's always been my intention that we do something like that, but of
> >>course... we need someone to do it! Care to volunteer? The C++ world
> >>will thank you!
> >
> > therefore there needs to be GUID generation (and
> > formatting) support in bjam.
>
>No, we can just build a GUID generation tool and invoke it as part of
>the process of building the project files.

That is true.

>If we get further tied into the log processing approach I think it
>will be a shame.

What is really needed is a project-generation toolset so you could do
something like:

   bjam release debug msvc-project-7.1
   bjam release eclipse-3.0 # release only project files

And you end up with the requested project/solution files. I will have a go
at writing such a toolset.

Reece Haston Dunn
Software Engineer, Sophos

Web: www.sophos.com
Sophos - protecting businesses against viruses and spam