From: Shishir Ramam (sramam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-27 13:49:36

On 5/27/05, Andrey Melnikov <melnikov_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Reece Dunn wrote:
> > David Abrahams wrote:
>
> > What is really needed is a project-generation toolset so you could do
> > something like:
> >
> > bjam release debug msvc-project-7.1
> > bjam release eclipse-3.0 # release only project files
> >
> > And you end up with the requested project/solution files. I will have a
> > go at writing such a toolset.
>
> Is it really needed? Earlier in the street Reece proposed two
> *alternative* solutions:
>
> * conversion tool to convert to your favorite IDE format;
> * hook-ins to allow BBv2 projects to be managed in your favorite IDE.
>

> P.S. Can anyone look at BCB/CW extension capabilities and find the
> easiest way to get them supporting Boost.Build projects?

Why not generate CMake (http://cmake.org) input from bjam?
It seems to work well from my limited experience on VC projects and Makefiles.

Support exists for Borland and various Visual Studio flavors.
XCode and CodeWarrior seem to in the works.

Other pros: It's open source, and support from developers on the list has been
excellent in my experience.

-shishir

--
The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who
can't read them. - Mark Twain