From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-28 10:47:13

On Fri, 27 May 2005 20:48:51 -0700, Robert Ramey wrote
> This is not a problem with your serialization function. But
> somewhere else. Note the section in the manual under "tracking"
> addresses this. This describes requirements re const-ness that were
> documented but only recently enforced.

Yet more fallout from the 'const-enforcement' change and it hasn't even been
released. I predict an explosion of user problems after the release of 1.33 as
working code fails to compile and users are force to artificially make things
'const'. I'll shutup after this email, but in case it wasn't obvious I think
this serialization change is very misguided...

Jeff