From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-30 04:15:13

Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> The typeof documentation has been significantly changed.

I has change significantly, indeed. Now it looks much better!

A couple of notes (original text is "quoted").

1. BOOST_AUTO in reference section:

"var a free identifier"

- what is a free identifier? An identifier being defined?
- Reference semantics explained in tutorial but it doesn't appear here.
- Scope of var is not clear from the description.

"expr a valid c++ expression that has a type"

- Is there any valid C++ expression that has to type?
- expression returning void compiles fine in native mode but fails in
  compliant mode.

2. INCREMENT_REGISTRATION_GROUP

Scope of #include BOOST_TYPEOF_INCREMENT_REGISTRATION_GROUP()
should be clear. My sample compiles in compliant mode even though
inclusion is at class scope. Is it legal?

3. REGISTER_TEMPLATE

- I don't see any information on other non-type template parameters
  such as a pointer to member and a pointer/reference to object or
  function (14.1/4). Are they supported?
- "unsigned" implies int, 7.1/3

I'm still reading the docs. Be prepared for other notes :)

--
Alexander Nasonov