From: Peder Holt (peder.holt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-30 09:55:37

On 5/30/05, Alexander Nasonov <alnsn-boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb <at> hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > The typeof documentation has been significantly changed.
>
> I has change significantly, indeed. Now it looks much better!
>
> A couple of notes (original text is "quoted").
>
> 1. BOOST_AUTO in reference section:
>
> "var a free identifier"
>
> - what is a free identifier? An identifier being defined?

Should be that var is the name of the variable to be assigned "expr"
or something.

> - Reference semantics explained in tutorial but it doesn't appear here.
> - Scope of var is not clear from the description.
>
> "expr a valid c++ expression that has a type"
>
> - Is there any valid C++ expression that has to type?
I was thinking of something like:
if(a==b) {something;}
But that is a statement and not an expression. I'll rephrase.

> - expression returning void compiles fine in native mode but fails in
> compliant mode.
>
> 2. INCREMENT_REGISTRATION_GROUP
>
> Scope of #include BOOST_TYPEOF_INCREMENT_REGISTRATION_GROUP()
> should be clear. My sample compiles in compliant mode even though
> inclusion is at class scope. Is it legal?
>
> 3. REGISTER_TEMPLATE
>
> - I don't see any information on other non-type template parameters
> such as a pointer to member and a pointer/reference to object or
> function (14.1/4). Are they supported?

Nope. Would require to register the actual functions you want to
support, it is doable, but impractical to use.
Is "integral template parameters" better?

Regards,
Peder