From: Hubert Holin (Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-30 06:38:07

Somewhere in the E.U., le 30/05/2005

   Bonjour

In article <d5bk7j$jg7$1_at_[hidden]>,
 "Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> |
> | "Hubert Holin" <Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> | > Paris (U.E.), le 04/05/2005
>

> | > Dare I say that this time around I would try to not drop the ball
> | > (again) and propose the quaternions and octonions as possible "Small
> | > Additions"?
>
> My understanding of the quaternions lib is that it is not useful for
> doing rotations and that stuff needed in the 3D graphics world.

      Could you please elaborate? I did include one possible way of
linking with rotations in the library. This work did stem (in part) from
some work with rotations specifically for some 3D graphics problem
(though this part, interpolation of orientation under constraints, is
*not* included in the library).

> If you intend to submit it, I would like to see motifications that made this
> possible.
>
> -Thorsten

      I am open to any suggestion. I must say this post is something of
a surprise to me. Perhaps are you referring to the lack of any
"reasonably standard" C++ implementation of rotations in R^3?

   Merci

Hubert