From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-30 13:21:14

"Hubert Holin" <Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| Somewhere in the E.U., le 30/05/2005
|
| Bonjour
|
| In article <d5bk7j$jg7$1_at_[hidden]>,
| "Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> wrote:
|
| > "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| > |
| > | "Hubert Holin" <Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

| > My understanding of the quaternions lib is that it is not useful for
| > doing rotations and that stuff needed in the 3D graphics world.
|
| Could you please elaborate? I did include one possible way of
| linking with rotations in the library. This work did stem (in part) from
| some work with rotations specifically for some 3D graphics problem
| (though this part, interpolation of orientation under constraints, is
| *not* included in the library).
|
| > If you intend to submit it, I would like to see motifications that made
this
| > possible.
| >
| > -Thorsten
|
| I am open to any suggestion. I must say this post is something of
| a surprise to me. Perhaps are you referring to the lack of any
| "reasonably standard" C++ implementation of rotations in R^3?

no, I think I'm referring to comment from Gary Powel about this issue (he
works in the Games industry, I think)

anyway, I don't have seriuos time to investigate this issue, but maybe you
could look at
scene graph packages like OSG to see if you can do the same:

http://www.openscenegraph.org/documentation/OpenSceneGraphReferenceDocs/classosg_1_1Quat.html

best regards

Thorsten