From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-02 15:12:13

Jeff Flinn wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> "Jeff Flinn" <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>> Beman Dawes wrote:

>>> Although, I've been told the multiple slashes are required by our
>>> legacy nut-cracker laden dlls that front-end a fairly old version of
>>> gnumake. I've no idea why they are needed though.
>>
>> That makes me nervous. Is there any chance you could find out why
>> they are/were needed?
>
> I'll try to find an answer this afternoon.

The master of lore who may have that knowledge is out today, so I'll try
tomorrow. The recollection of others here thought it was a NutCracker
restriction in the way it processed env vars.

I ran a few tests redefining some env vars to have single slashes or
back-slashes without error. There were still some multi-slash items that I
don't have control over, that still appeared in a generated make file(lib
paths). So it could very well be that the multiples are no longer required.

Jeff Flinn