From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-04 16:42:05

In the course of making the auto-linking optional. It became necessary to
require that all archive/*.hpp headers be included before all
serialization/*.hpp headers. Before this was only enforced for those
programs which included serialization/export.hpp. This new requirement
broke some of my own tests with very confusing errors. So I added code to
explicitly verify that this requirement is met and emit a useful compile
time error message.

Downsiide
    will break some user code and tests

Upside
    the break will be trivial to detect and fix
    inclusion of serialization/*.hpp will not trigger requirement for the
pre-compiled library. In the past, this prevented BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT(T)
from being in the header for class T, where it logically belonged. Several
people complained about this. With auto-linking, the libraries were
required every time a serialization/*.hpp file was included - even though
nothing was invoked. All this should be fixed now.

Also, Rene has discovered the way to get the Metrowerks tests to pass.
Overlapped on my changes above are his to address this problem. So for a
day or two there may be some confusion but hopefully the final result will
be much better test results and a much more useful serialization package.

Thank to everyone for their patience

Robert Ramey