From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-04 21:59:16

Robert Ramey wrote:
> In the course of making the auto-linking optional. It became necessary to
> require that all archive/*.hpp headers be included before all
> serialization/*.hpp headers. Before this was only enforced for those
> programs which included serialization/export.hpp. This new requirement
> broke some of my own tests with very confusing errors. So I added code to
> explicitly verify that this requirement is met and emit a useful compile
> time error message.
>
> Downsiide
> will break some user code and tests
>
> Upside
> the break will be trivial to detect and fix
> inclusion of serialization/*.hpp will not trigger requirement for the
> pre-compiled library.

I hope that you do not mean that there will be an end-user requirement
that serialization header files be inserted in a particular order ? If
so that would be really bad IMO. Clearly one can control internally, by
checking header file guards, the order in which header files are
included if that is necessary, and I do not believe it can ever be right
to force an end-user to include header files in a particular order in
order to compile modules.