From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-08 21:13:10

"Mikhail Glushenkov" <bbman_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| First snapshot of the to-be proposed Fast_lookup library is available
| for download at the vault.
| Direct link (watch for line breaks!):
| http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/vault/index.php?&order=
| &directory=fast_lookup
| Sorry, no documentation as of yet.
|
| Fast_lookup provides "sorted vector"-based versions of standard associative
| containers, thus embracing the common practice.
|
| Highlights of this release:
| * map and set have been implemented
| * Two different storage policies - 'default' and KeepKeysSeparate, which is
| usually faster, but takes more memory
| * Out-of-the-box support for Boost.Serialization

| Any suggestions, comments, feature requests or critique are welcome.

I don't have much to say apart from that I'm looking forward to the library.

Sometimes people critisize std::set/map for
using a predicate to sort the elements.

Maybe it could be possible (either by default or by policies) to
use -1,0,1 comparison instead (if it has a speed advantage).

I think Gabriel Dos Reis has some more problems with std::set, but I have
forgotten them now.

Keep up the good work! :-)

-Thorsten