From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-09 09:27:59

"Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| "Mikhail Glushenkov" <bbman_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

|| Fast_lookup provides "sorted vector"-based versions of standard associative
|| containers, thus embracing the common practice.
|| Highlights of this release:
|| * map and set have been implemented
|| * Two different storage policies - 'default' and KeepKeysSeparate, which is
|| usually faster, but takes more memory
|| * Out-of-the-box support for Boost.Serialization
|
|| Any suggestions, comments, feature requests or critique are welcome.
|
| I don't have much to say apart from that I'm looking forward to the library.

When I think about it, it would also be nice if you coudl control
when you use something similar to boost::ptr_vector<T> for holding the
objects.
For big objects, this would be faster.

Also, for a map it can really mean al lot performance wise if you donøt have
to construct
before its needed. Something like

value& fast_map::lazy_insert(
something_conparable_and-convertible_to_the_key_type& r );

think of word-counting with strings:

fast_map<string,unsigned> m;
sub_range<string> s = ...;
m.laze_insert(s)++;