From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-09 20:12:11

Bertolt Mildner wrote:
> The link to Windows binaries of zlib in
> /libs/iostreams/doc/classes/zlib.html (pointing to
> http://www.gzip.org/zlib/contrib/index.html) leads to Win16 binaries
> only!

Hah! Well, there were some win32 binaries there once upon a time. Anyway, I've
written new documentation for zlib which points to the official win32 DLL.

> Probably it should be changed to: http://www.gzip.org/zlib/index.html

> Same for bzip2 in /libs/iostreams/doc/classes/bzip2.html (no link
> corrently). Probably should be http://www.digistar.com/bzip2/ .

Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure I can recommend the DLL on that page. It's
apparently version 1.0.0 (current is 1.0.3) and it comes with no headers or
import library.

> Bertolt
>
> PS: Please note that i didn't do any tests with this binaries!

Jonathan