From: Robert Zeh (razeh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-15 08:46:01

"Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Robert Zeh wrote:
>
> > rational
>
> Could you describe briefly how you use rational? E.g., what template parameters
> do you use?
>
> I'm interested because I'm the maintainer of rational, and there are some
> changes or extensions proposed for a future release.
>
> Jonathan

We're using it to hold onto some of the rationals you encounter in the
financial world. Sometimes we use it to represent prices, which can
usually be thought of as a number of ticks over a conversion factor.
It's more for transport than anything else; we aren't doing any
extensive or involved calculations with it.

Every one of our rational usages uses int as the template parameter.

Robert