From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-16 08:16:03

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> It seems to be important to use "strict_ansi". That's what I have been using
> for Boost.Python compilation all the time.

Got a statement from the compiler support team:

<quote>
In the default relaxed ansi mode, we are more permissive and support the
ARM non-standard feature named "guiding declaration".
So while the non-template function declaration is seen, the definition is
still supplied by the template function.

In the strict_ansi mode, we conform to the ISO standard and look to the
non-template function for a definition.
</quote>

Seems like we might have to do the switch to strict_ansi, then.

Markus