From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-17 02:13:59

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> --- Markus Schöpflin <markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>Do you use the patched header file for <iotraits> when compiling
>>boost.python? Because I just tried compiling with different options and now
>>I got bitten by the missing support for std::fpos_t.

> I don't think so. I am using the Boost tree as I get it with cvs update.

[snip]

Thanks for the pointer, I'll go and try it.

But could you please be so kind and check in your "pyconfig.h" for the
setting of _XOPEN_SOURCE? I strongly suspect it's something below 500.

If not, could you please check the iotraits header file for the following
code snippet, located somewhere at line 138. If it's the same, then I have
no explanation for the difference we get. But if the condition includes
another "|| (defined(__osf__) && ((_XOPEN_SOURCE+0) >= 500)))" then you
somehow have aquired the iotraits header fix.

#if defined(__DECCXX) && !defined(__DECFIXCXXL997) &&
(defined(__VMS)||defined(__linux__))
     inline fpos(long, long, state_type);
#else
     inline fpos(long, fpos_t, state_type);