From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-18 13:55:06

On 6/18/05, Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The problem is that, as a packager, I need to know which files are being
> created. And to make things simple, they should be the same on all OSes
> supported by the packaging system I'm working on (pkgsrc).

I don't think thats a reasonable expectation, particularly when
dealing with system-specific entities like shared libraries. For
example, on OSX the suffix for shared libraries is "dylib", not "so".
On Cygwin (which behaves an awful lot like most *NIXes), you'll have
"lib" *and* "dll" files.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com