From: Thomas Matelich (matelich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-20 12:36:09

On 6/20/05, Toon Knapen <toon.knapen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The boost.filesystem does not compile succesfully on HPUX/itanium with
> aCC because (in bbv1) the function readdir_r is not known. It compiles
> fine though if the flag '-mt' (to enable multi-threading) is added to
> the command-line.
>
> Does anybody now any other flag that might influence this? Is it normal
> (never used readdir_r myself) that it is only defined in
> multi-threading-mode? Should we instruct bbv1 to compile the
> boost.filesystem always with the -mt flag on hpux ?

There are a number of _r interfaces on HP, they are only available if
_REEENTRANT is defined, which I would assume -mt activates. I don't
know anything about Boost.Build, but I'd guess the best way to handle
it would be to require -mt for filesystem, and not build it if -mt is
not requested.

I always define _REENTRANT in my stuff, but its not terribly
performance critical stuff. HP isn't like MS where you need uniform
mt or not across all translation units if you want happiness, but I
wouldn't think you'd want to enable mt settings behind the users'
back.

Tom