From: Maciej Sobczak (prog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-23 04:20:50

David Abrahams wrote:

> 3. I'd just say "go ahead," but I know how these things work in
> companies. The question to the PR department triggers a discussion
> with the legal department and they both decide it would be safer
> for the company if their use of open source software were not
> publicized.

Which questions the whole idea of "Who's using Boost".

Your goal should be to provide a testimonies of those who are *proud*
users of Boost - only then you can publish the list and call it "Boost
success stories".
If you want to publish the info even *knowing* that this might not be
intended from the point of view of any not-so-proud user, then your list
stops to be a list of "success stories" anymore and becomes a nitpick
list, which can be titled "Boost shame stories".

Sorry, but I think you should slow down and reflect.

Just my 0.05 Euro, feel free to ignore.

--
Maciej Sobczak
http://www.msobczak.com