From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-27 14:14:04

AlisdairM wrote:
> Fernando Cacciola wrote:
>

>>According the a recent status report, consersion/cast_test.cpp is
>>still failing for Borland 5.6.4
>>The report details shows that the implementation is not being
>>redirected to the old code, as it should for this compiler, even
>>though this line:
>>
>>#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(BOOST_MSVC, < 1300) ||
>>BOOST_WORKAROUND(__BORLANDC__, == 0x564)
>>
>># include<boost/numeric/conversion/detail/old_numeric_cast.hpp>
>>
>>#else
>>
>>is supposed to do that?
>>
>>Isn't 0x564 the version macro number for this compiler?
>>

>>Any ideas?
>

> That is the correct version number, but shouldn't the test be
>
> BOOST_WORKAROUND( __BORLANDC__, BOOST_TESTED_AT( 0x564) )
>
> Assuming Borland produce another compiler, ...

Careful, here -- they did! Well, that is one with a higher version number ;-)

Latest official BCC shipped with BuilderX:

    __BORLANDC__ == 0x565

Latest Builder6 upgrade pack:

    __BORLANDC__ == 0x564

Kylix (didn't verify it myself - source: Boost.Config):

    __BORLANDC__ == 0x570

It seems all are pretty close in terms of portability (for the former two I know
it and for Kylix it's another guess reading Boost.Config), so testing for below
0x600 is what you want, I guess (and above 0x551, reading the follow-up).

Regards,

Tobias