From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-27 21:57:28

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> That's not the best way to fix the problem. Just make sure the
> functions are declared before use and they will be found with explicit
> qualification.

That was my first choice - but it conflicted with export.hpp which needed to
know what types and archives to instanciate serialize for. I found no
other way to reconcile it.

I'm sure this is not the only case where two phase lookup causes problems.
Its going to cause lots of problems in working programs if it spreads to
other compilers. Two phase lookup is a bad idea.

Robert Ramey