From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-27 23:34:51

>> I couldn't even start to investigate, since there is nothing in
>> output. It's either configuration error or compiler just crashing
>> during compilation.
>
> It looks much more comprehensible to me now: http://tinyurl.com/8cu3v.

Unfortunately it's not that much help. It complains that following methods
couldn't be instantiated:

basic_cstring<char>::basic_cstring<char>( std::string const& ).
basic_cstring<char>::assign( std::string const&, ... ).

This is true. But ... it's not supposed to be instantiated. There are three
reasons for this to happened:

1. Somehow/somewhere basic_cstring template parameter gets deduced
incorrectly (char instead of char const).

2. Compiler trying to instantiate all the method of basic_cstring<char>,
even if they are not used.

3. There is a genuine error in a code. But I guess other compilers would
caught it by now.

So still clueless.

Gennadiy