From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-02 11:29:34

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dncode/html/secure03102004.asp

> I'm fairly sure that theVC8 beta 1 documentation covers this issue,

As I mentioned somewhere, my VC8 beta 1 conveniently expired at the same time I
noticed the deprecation warnings.

> but why couldn't you install beta 2?

If only I knew! The first few times I tried to install it, the installer
crashed. I tried again last night, and it fails with a bunch of error messages;
I guess there's still residue in the registry from the failed installations. I
really don't care that much about beta 2; what I'm worried about is the release
version, which I'm afraid won't install either.

Jonathan