From: Keith MacDonald (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-02 02:35:38

I'm not sure about copyright restrictions on posting excerpts, but this
article explains what Microsoft are trying to achieve:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dncode/html/secure03102004.asp

I'm fairly sure that theVC8 beta 1 documentation covers this issue, but why
couldn't you install beta 2?

> I dont think defining _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE in a header is
> acceptable.

I also agree. This should be defined in the bjam config file for
TOOLS=vc-8_0, as I said earlier. Is that David Abraham's area of
responsibility?

- Keith MacDonald