From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-02 11:41:00

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=38b90972-c662-4f1c-ae6a-28716bac091f)
> but I'm not sure if that URL actually works unless you're logged on.

It's works for me. Thanks for the reference -- it's exactly on point.

> Interestingly these API's aren't documented as deprecated in the SDK
> as far as I can see, so I wonder if someone just made a mistake?

I think it has to be a mistake to deprecate essential member functions without
introducing replacements.

> It would probably be a good idea if someone would volunteer to give
> Microsoft's headers a once over and see if there are any other API's
> that are needlessly deprecated. Certainly there plenty of room for
> frustration here - I've seen deprecated warning from std::copy and
> other std lib algorithms (and no *not* using pointers), as well as
> the C API's.

Maybe they should just deprecate everything, to be on the safe side.

> John.

Jonathan