From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-02 15:07:03

Keith MacDonald wrote:
> I was thinking of the build of the entire library, when it would look
> more professional if all these warnings were suppressed.

This might be useful for other libraries.With Iostreams, the .cpp files don't
use these functions.

> If headers
> contain calls to the deprecated functions, the Boost developers will have to
> decide on a policy for the library release, and document it. My vote
> would be to leave it up to the end user to define
_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE, as their company policy may be to disallow
> use of such software, so they need to be aware of it.

I think it's okay to disable deprecation warnings locally, if this is possible.
(I imagine you can use pragma warning, with puch and pop, put I haven't
checked.) But most uses of istream::read, etc. will occur in user code.

> - Keith MacDonald

Jonathan