From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-05 06:47:12

On 7/4/05, Rob Stewart <stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> There should be a download link that is prominent, but it doesn't
> need to be woven into the marketing so directly. "If you're
> interested in trying Boost, look for the download information in
> the sidebar" should work.

I think that a prominent download link is a very good idea. I,
personally, commonly download lots of things and then check them
later... I dont use to read ALL the page, download, open and etc...
IMO, having a download link in the top of the main page will make
people that are only surfing on the web for nothing to know a little
of boost, at least uncompress it...

IMO, heavier marketing on some "special" libraries of the boost in the
main page could bring more immediate users for boost. As "special"
libraries I mean smart_ptr, for example, that are almost essential in
a C++ project.

Sorry for my english...