From: Andrey Melnikov (melnikov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-05 12:00:05

David Abrahams wrote:

>>>Don't you think assembling a separate release of boost just so you can
>>>tell which libraries need to be compiled is a bit of a heavyweight
>>>approach? Seems to me a little documentation should be sufficient.
>>

>>If there are a significant number of advanced users who, like myself, only
>>use the header-only libraries, it would mean that there would be an overall
>>saving of bandwidth.
>

> Bandwidth is hardly as valuable as volunteer time, IMO.

I think that splitting Boost in boost-hdronly and boost-libs will help a
lot. There are a lot of thread or filesystem abstraction layers. But
such unique libs like boost.lambda and MPL are header only, and can be
used very easily without building bjam etc. It would be nice to have a
separate package.

Andrey