From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-05 15:10:25

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:07:07 -0700
"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> So I presume that instead of
>
> #include <boost/serialization/shared_ptr_132.hpp>
> #include <boost/serialization/shared_ptr.hpp>
>
> one would use
>
> #define BOOST_SERIALIZATION_SHARED_PTR_132_COMPATIBILITY
> #include <boost/serialization/shared_ptr.hpp>
>
> Is that really an improvement?

I was thinking that the define would be in the proper makefiles, or
config headers, depending on the project build specifications.

> Actually, I'm wondering about having shared_ptr_132.hpp including
> shared_ptr.hpp So one would include just one or the other.

I think you'd still end up with application developers defining
something, so that when they change their code, they do not have to go
change all the locations where they included the shared_ptr_WHATEVER
headers.