From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-06 16:58:24

From: Andrey Melnikov <melnikov_at_[hidden]>

> We compiled a version of bjam executable (bjam.exe or bjam) for you, and
> tested it with Boost release. We strongly recommend you simply to
> download prebuilt bjam for your platform:
> - <a>windows</a>
> - <a>linux</a>
> - <a>freebsd</a>
> - <a>solaris</a>
> - <a>Mac OS X</a>
>
> If your platform isn't in the list, or if you downloaded the latest
> Boost beta sources from CVS instead of official Boost release,
> <a>installation guide</a> describes how to compile bjam from sources
> located in tools/build/jam_src by running build.bat or build.sh.
>
> Latest Boost sources may fail to compile with prebuilt bjam because
> prebuilt version could become incompatible with Boost *.jam files.

   We strongly recommend that you download a prebuilt bjam
   executable for your platform. If your platform isn't in the
   following list, or if you downloaded the latest Boost sources
   from CVS instead of getting an official release,
   <a>installation guide</a> describes how to build bjam for
   yourself.

      - <a>Windows</a>
      - <a>Linux</a>
      - <a>FreeBSD</a>
      - <a>Solaris</a>
      - <a>Mac OS</a>

(I'd leave the rest of the details to <a>installation guide</a>.)