From: Scott Schurr (scott_schurr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-12 17:31:59

Greetings,

Prompted by some discussion on comp.sdt.c++.moderated, I have a
small template that allows the user to declare an integer literal
in binary.

Usage looks like:

  #include "binary_int.hpp"

  unsigned int binary = binary_int<1001,0011,1011,0000>::b;

The template is written to support up to 64 bits, although my
compiler only allows me test up to 32 bits. I intend to use it
for programming hardware registers in the language of the hardware
folk at my company.

The template is only about 150 lines and doesn't really deserve a
library, but it could potentially be tucked into another library
if it is deemed useful.

Thanks.

Scott Schurr