From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-13 22:41:31

On 7/13/05 1:00 PM, "Douglas Gregor" <dgregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Boost regression test failures
> ------------------------------
> Report time: 2005-07-13T15:12:24Z
>
> This report lists all regression test failures on release platforms.
>
> WARNING: The following libraries have failing regression tests but do
> not have a maintainer on file. Once a maintainer is found, add an
> entry to libs/maintainers.txt to eliminate this message.
> io
>
> Detailed report:
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/developer/issues.ht
> ml
>
> 365 failures in 9 libraries:
[SNIP]
> |io|
> ios_state_unit_test: intel-win32-8_1
[TRUNCATE]

I don't have access to this compiler (nor an IBM-styled PC), so can someone
else figure out what's going on. Looking at the report, the test compiles
and links, but crashes at runtime with a memory access violation. It may
need stepping through a debugger. I've heard that several people are
running this test with this compiler, but some of the trials pass! This may
indicate a problem with an individual tester's setup, and not an (obvious)
problem with the test program.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie