From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-14 09:46:27

Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Lines like this:
>
> keyword<name_>& name = instance();
>
> are causing failures on lots of compilers. It looks like the workaround
> is simple, but we need to apply it to the platforms that are still
> failing...

Yeah, I'm sorry about the churn on this particular thing, and am
trying to resolve it. It is, strictly speaking, part of a bug fix. I
just needed to find a reasonably portable usage for people to declare
keywords. There are enough (even recent) compilers on which the
preferred syntax doesn't work that I'm going to introduce a macro.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting