From: Chris Uzdavinis (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-14 13:50:19

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> IMO there's no chance of confusing it with a function call, since a
> function call would be illegal in the context in which it's used, and
> people are naturally more likely to add a semicolon without thinking
> about it, and if I design the macro so that a semicolon is required it
> will interact more smoothly with editors and pretty-printers. So I
> can't see any good reason not to require the semicolon. Arguments?

I find a lot of macros that end without semicolons wind up confusing
my editor's code indenter (in this case, cc-mode for emacs.) When
such macros appear I start to get weird formatting that I don't like.

For that reason, I always try to make macros that take parameters able
to end with semicolons.

--
Chris