From: Raz (coolmandan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-14 22:04:49

On 7/14/05, Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Raz <coolmandan_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >> Is somebody else able/willing to pick up regular VC 7.1/8.0 regression
> >> testing?
> >
> > Hi. I could be able to help out a bit. What would I need to do?
>
> Please see my reply to Goncalo --
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/127988.

Ok. I understand how to do this, but I just have a few questions.

First, let me just lay out my available computers:

Intel P3 1GHz (mobile chip so it really runs at 700 MHz)
256Mb Ram
Windows XP SP 2
VC++ 7.1, 7, and 8 if needed

Intel P4 HT GHz
512 Mb Ram
Windows XP SP 2
VC++ 7.1

Anyway, here are my questions:

Which computer would be best to run these tests on? Would both be better?

How much space do these tests usually take?

How long do these tests typically run for one toolset?

Is there a way to install VC++ 8 remotely[*]?

I'm sorry if I am just being naive, but I just want to make sure I'm
doing this right.

[*] I'm on vacation right now. It would be nice to be able to use VC++
8 on my faster computer, but I haven't put the latest beta on there
yet. Hence the reason I asked.