From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-15 20:29:21

"Pavel Chikulaev" <pavel.chikulaev_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>
>> I think the tutorial documentation is close to complete. Last minute
>> editorial comments would be appreciated. See
> That's great!
>
> But It would be better if a link to complete code of tutorial be somewhere
> there.

I don't know what you mean; compilable examples, maybe?
I haven't gotten around to applying my LitRe example testing and
extraction system to it yet.

> I'm not familiar with the implementation, but can some derivation of
> BOOST_AUTO be used in expression like these(at least is it possible
> and is it planned)?:
>
> typename parameter::binding<
> ArgumentPack
> , tag::color_map
> , default_color_map
>>::type color = args[
> color_map
> || boost::lambda::construct<default_color_map>(num_vertices(g),i)
> ];

Of course, once we have BOOST_AUTO in the CVS, something like that
could be used. That *might* be worth mentioning in the tutorial
someday. OTOH, the uses of BOOST_AUTO are so broad that we'd have to
sprinkle "Oh, BTW, BOOST_AUTO might be useful here" throughout the
documentation of many many Boost libraries.

> And docs stop very suddenly :)

I only said that I was close to finishing the *tutorial*.

> No acknoledgments,

I think we would like to acknowledge our review manager, but I can't
think of anything else that should go in that section. Ideas?

> no compatibility issues,

Compatibility issues are discussed throughout the tutorial.

> no page for headers of parameter library,

That's the reference documentation; Daniel is supposedly working on
it, although I haven't heard from him in a few days.

> and page for "might be useful" headers of other libraries...

I have no clue what "might be useful," and none of our other libraries
have such a page. I don't expect I'll be doing that, at least not for
1.33.

> And maybe dependencies...

I don't think I'll be doing that either. I think bcp is the way to
get that information.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting