From: Peder Holt (peder.holt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-20 14:53:57

On 7/18/05, Peder Holt <peder.holt_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 7/17/05, Cromwell Enage <sponage_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > > The algorithm behind string_c_to_double is not very
> > > efficient, so if anyone has a better idea for an
> > > implementation, feel free to contribute :)

<snip>

I just updated the vault with a new and heavily improved version of
string_c_to_double,
which compiles much faster than the original one. It builds up the
number using compile time constants, and iterates through the literals
in the string using BOOST_PP macros.
Compile time of the conforming string_c_to_double now matches the
compile time of the non-conforming BOOST_DOUBLE macro.

Regards
Peder Holt