From: Ben Artin (macdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-24 18:55:56

In article <086E419469537C439E250E428F0DF0930162A3_at_host.Sysdev.local>,
 "Graham" <Graham_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Nor do I see how you can ensure that if you base Unicode strings on vector
> that you can ensure that the contents is a Unicode string [e.g. adding the
> first member of a surrogate only and not adding the second member].

That depends on what you mean by "base on vector". To me, basing Unicode strings
on vectors means that vectors are an implementation detail and that the client
of the Unicode string abstraction is not allowed to make arbitrary changes to
the vector. (In other words, the Unicode string abstraction maintains all the
invariants pertaining to Unicode.)

Ben

--
I changed my name: <http://periodic-kingdom.org/People/NameChange.php>