From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-25 23:26:14

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> Douglas Gregor wrote:
>

>>The source code for Boost 1.33.0 is now frozen. Please do not
>>check in any changes to the Boost source code without my
>>explicit permission.
>>You may still update parts of Boost that do not affect the
>>regression tests in any way, until we have our final freeze
>>of the entire tree at 11PM EST on Wednesday.
>

> I don't know how to handle the Wave failures which recently appeared on
> vc-8_0 without changing anything in the code base. Moreover the vc-8_0 tests
> now fail on a different test site (gonzalo), were they used to pass on other
> sites not providing results for this compiler anymore.

VC8 is still a beta product and subject to change from Microsoft. While it is
great that Boost has made an effort to track and support it as much as possible,
I personally do not think it is the responsibility of Boost to support a product
that is still beta and is still changing. Perhaps when VC8 is officially
released, and as Boost keeps tracking how well various libraries support it, a
point release could be put out which supports it officially . But it does seem
foolish to have to worry about officially supporting a moving target which is
not yet a finished product.