From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-26 12:30:18

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams ha escrito:
>
>> Cromwell Enage <sponage_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> > Try "Containers" and/or "Miscellaneous".
>>
>> How does it fit in "containers?"
>>
>> I'd vote for "Generic Programming"
>
> I fail to see what Boost.Parameter has to do with generic
> programming.

When you look at the Graph library, a generic programming tour de
force, I think it becomes more apparent.

>> and "Miscellaneous." I think we should have a "Functional
>> Programming" category and it should go in there, too.
>
> Again, I don't see how the lib is related to functional programming.

The category I'm thinking of is not exactly "functional programming"
so much as "building and using function interfaces." As I wrote,

   We have more components designed to operate on functions
   and function objects every day.

> To me, Boost.Parameter sports a special kind of syntactic sugar, so
> I'd add an "Idioms" (or something like that) category grouping:
>
> - parameter
> - base-from-member
> - utility
> - perhaps, compressed_pair

This looks like "misc" to me. I see no particular association among
those.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting