From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-27 10:12:37

--- David Abrahams wrote:
> > How does it fit in "containers?"

Implementation-wise, the named-parameter mechanism is
a type of container, conceptually an "argument pack".
Past implementations, including the one used by the
BGL, can also be thought of as ad-hoc containers.

> Oh, I see we do have "Function objects and
> higher-order programming." Well, now. Looking at
> "Miscellaneous" I think too many libraries are in
> there. IMO a library should only go in that
category
> if it doesn't fit anywhere else. Thoughts?

If you want to make a new category, I'd go for
"Patterns and Idioms". Boost.Parameter can be
described as a mechanism that encapsulates the
named-parameter idiom
<http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/ctors.html#faq-10.18>
as well as the unnamed-parameter idiom (wherever
that's described). The Singleton library, if and when
it's accepted, can also fit in this category.

                              Cromwell D. Enage