From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-27 13:35:27

On Jul 27, 2005, at 12:06 PM, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> --- Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Dough,

You know, at my defense, the cake that came from the local grocery
store said "Congratulations Dr. Dough" before my mother noticed and had
them correct it :)

> Coincidentally HP released a field-test (beta) version of the new
> Tru64 cxx
> compiler two days ago. The new compiler is based on EDG 304.
> Diagnostics from
> this front-end made it clear to us that a GCC-specific workaround in
> one of the
> Boost.Python tests should be universal. See the tiny patch below.
> Clearly this
> patch is not super critical since it is only for a test file, but
> assuming a
> time span of 6-12 months before the next Boost release, the problem
> may upset a
> fair number of people testing with new compilers. To eliminate this
> possibility, could we still check in the patch?

Unfortunately, no, it's too late to make any code changes. I'm hoping
that it won't be 6-12 months before the next release so that this won't
affect too many people.

        Doug