From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-02 11:12:53

Robert,

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>I can't see anything wrong with it. To see the problem I would have to
>have to trace into the << operartor down to iostreams.

As stated in my other post, I had forgotten to flush the stream.

> As an aside, is there a reason that
>
>> HGLOBAL GlobalArchiveHdl()
>> {
>> CSharedFileOStream lOut;
>> boost::archive::binary_oarchive oa( lOut );
>> // oa & mVal; // same result as below
>> oa << const_cast<const value_type&>(mVal); //BOOST_1_33_0
>> return lOut.Detach();
>> }
>
> wouldn't be better replaced with:
>
> HGLOBAL GlobalArchiveHdl() const // this function doesn't modify its class
> variables
> {
> CSharedFileOStream lOut;
> boost::archive::binary_oarchive oa( lOut );
> oa << mVal;
> return lOut.Detach();
> }

Uh, your right that is better.

I've gotten past here, but I'm having problems with
archive_exception::unregistered_class being thrown even though I'm calling
BOOST_SHARED_POINTER_EXPORT_GUID when saving a set of shared_ptr's. I'll try
to track down what's going on here.

Jeff