From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-05 18:55:28

On 8/5/05, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Felipe Magno de Almeida <felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden]> writes:
> is the simplest way, if Seq is a mutable sequence. Otherwise,
>
> mpl::sort<
> Seq
> , boost::is_base_and_derived<_,_>
> , mpl::back_inserter<mpl::vector<> >
> >::type

Is there any reason why the code above compiled in less than 5
seconds, while the other I used wasnt compiling at all, the compiler
complained about insuficient memory(it used about 500MB).

I can see that the other way it needed more template instantiations,
but it seemed to me like the number of instantiations should be
linearly bigger, but that not what it seems at all... I'm testing it
with a vector of 15 types only.

Thanks,