From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-07 23:58:49

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 23:36:32 -0500, Rene Rivera wrote

> >>That could be solved by preloading the image with javascript. I
> >>noticed there's no js on the page and assume that was by design, but
> >>maybe an exception could be made in this case, since there'd be no
> >>added penalty for people without js. They'd just be subject to the
> >>same hourglass/flickering they've got already.
> >
> > In the past we've been avoiding the use of Javascript.
>
> This "flicker" is only a problem on IE. There's only so much time I
> will spend on working around bugs on IE.

Interesting. IE6 is probably still the majority case for our users (Boost
users are weird b/c they tend to use alternative browsers much more then
'regular folks' -- I base this comment on Wiki web stats, BTW). Still, I
agree, this doesn't seem like a big enough issue to spend time on -- but
perhaps someone else will contribute a fix ;-)

> Just like we don't spend much time in supporting old C++ compilers.

If only it were true -- the amount of time spent by really talented folks that
hang out around here supporting old compiler relics is almost unimaginable...

Jeff